Tigers Have Won Five Straight
SOUTH PLAINFIELD, NJ – For the second straight year, South Plainfield edged Perth Amboy in a Big Central Conference crossover match-up. Sophomore Dominic Massaro rushed 14 times for 281 yards and 3 TDs to lead the Tigers to a 29-27 victory over the Panthers. The two teams began their series back in 1994 with South Plainfield winning, 28-22. The Tigers lead the series 12-6 and have won five straight, 7 of the last 8, and 11 of the last 16. Here’s the Perth Amboy vs. South Plainfield rivalry at a glance.
|Year||Winner||Winning Score||Loser||Losing Score|
|1994||South Plainfield||28||Perth Amboy||22|
|1995||Perth Amboy||28||South Plainfield||7|
|2004||South Plainfield||28||Perth Amboy||14|
|2005||South Plainfield||21||Perth Amboy||14|
|2006||South Plainfield||18||Perth Amboy||14|
|2007||South Plainfield||34||Perth Amboy||0|
|2008||Perth Amboy||12||South Plainfield||6|
|2009||Perth Amboy||40||South Plainfield||6|
|2010||Perth Amboy||34||South Plainfield||6|
|2011||Perth Amboy||45||South Plainfield||20|
|2012||South Plainfield||34||Perth Amboy||8|
|2013||South Plainfield||32||Perth Amboy||8|
|2014||Perth Amboy||12||South Plainfield||10|
|2015||South Plainfield||8||Perth Amboy||6|
|2016||South Plainfield||33||Perth Amboy||14|
|2017||South Plainfield||21||Perth Amboy||7|
|2022||South Plainfield||20||Perth Amboy||14|
|2023||South Plainfield||29||Perth Amboy||27|
- South Plainfield has outscored Perth Amboy by a margin of 361-319, or by an average of about 20-18 per contest.
- South Plainfield has the longest winning streak in the series at 5 (and counting).
- Perth Amboy won 4 straight between 2008 and 2011 and won 5 of 7 between 2008 and 2014.
- Eight games have been decided by 7 points or less.
- Largest margin of victory: 34 by both South Plainfield (34-0 in 2007) and Perth Amboy (40-6 in 2009).