SOUTH PLAINFIELD, NJ – For the third straight year, Ridge defeated Westfield in a Big Central Conference crossover match-up.
Ridge jumped out to a 14-2 halftime lead before Westfield rallied behind two TD passes from Maxwell Cho to go in front, 15-14 early in the fourth quarter.
Ridge rallied back with 20 unanswered points on 3 TDs from Will Deady for the 34-15 victory. Deady finished with 22 carries for 183 yards and 4 TDs.
The series between the Red Devils and Blue Devils actually began in 2008 with a playoff game won by Ridge (49-13).
The Red Devils won the first two meetings before Westfield won five straight including a playoff game from 2014 to 2017. The brief series is tied at 5-5. Here’s the Ridge vs. Westfield rivalry at a glance.
|Year||Winner||Winning Score||Loser||Losing Score|
- Ridge has outscored Westfield by a margin of 241-198, or by an average of about 24-20 per contest.
- Neither teams have recorded a shutout in the series. Ridge has won its five games by a margin of 176-65, or by an average of 35-13 per contest. Westfield has won its five games by a margin of 133-65, or by an average of about 27-13 per game.
- Longest winning streak: 5 games by Westfield from 2014 to 2017 including a playoff win in 2017. Ridge’s current streak of 3 games is its longest.
- Three games have been decided by 7 points or less.
- Largest margin of victory: 36 by Ridge (49-13 in 2008). Westfield defeated Ridge 37-13 in 2015.